- Changed API from
SecureRandomwhere cryptographically strong random numbers are required.
- Using managed dependencies:
- This project uses managed dependencies.
- This project's managed dependencies may also be imported by other projects.
- Minimum Java version changed from 1.6 to 1.7.
- Deprecated UnixFile.mktemp(String template, boolean deleteOnExit) in favor of new TempFileContext that does not suffer from a memory leak in long-running applications.
- Added support for glibc 2.7 sha-256 and sha-512 crypt algorithms.
CryptAlgorithmenum representing the supported algorithms.
cryptmethods, with old methods deprecated and still using
MD5algorithm for compatibility.
- No change to native code; no compilation required.
- Updated dependencies.
GID_MIN, as found in
/etc/login.defs, is now set on a per-server basis. Older servers keep this at 500 whereas newer servers use the current default of 1000.
- Have added
gid_minparameters to methods that used these constants.
- Improved Javadoc formatting.
- Improved README formatting.
- Project moved to GitHub and Maven.