- Clears the current output buffer (leaving status code and headers)
- Sets the response contentType between html / xhtml based on serialization attribute and request headers
- Writes the <!DOCTYPE> unless set to "none"
- Writes the <html> tag, including the xmlns, lang, and xml:lang attributes based on the locale of the current response.
- Establishes a page context for AO Web Resources, if one is not already present on the current request. This is useful for using the AO Web Resources Taglib within the simplified scope of a standalone JSP page. Any page context established by this tag is cleaned-up before the tag exits - the scope is limited to nested tags.
This should normally be left with the default value of
The <!DOCTYPE> to use,
must be one of
An optional CSS class that is added for older versions of IE (before IE 9).